Author Website Design
An author website provides you with an online presence, lends a sense of legitimacy to your work, and is essential to the success of your book. Simply being on Amazon is not enough; a website provides you with the forum to display information about your book that you just don’t have with a page on Amazon or other book selling websites. Moreover, your website gives you another platform from which to sell and distribute your book. Our author websites are built in WordPress, which also provides an easy-to-use blogging platform.
Prices listed below are in US dollars.
Basic Author Website
Choose from five WordPress website designs created especially for authors. This five-page “no frills” site is a great way to begin an online presence. Update and expand your new website with the same “extras” as our Premium Author Website when you’re ready.
Cost assumes the author has purchased a domain name and set up hosting in advance and will provide all text and images before work begins. One round of revisions is included. Additional revisions, $110/hour. Turnaround time 2-3 weeks from receipt of all materials.
Choose from these 5 designs:
Best Seller: A popular template that features aZenXon grabbing animaXons and clear calls-to-action that will engage your site visitors with a fresh, contemporary vibe.
Novella: Featuring creative typography and bold graphics, Novella is the perfect theme to showcase your books and build your author brand.
Fable: A slick, one-page theme that features large, full-width imagery, multiple calls-to-action, smooth animations, and responsive scrolling.
Lyric: Designed to engage new site visitors and excite returning readers, Lyric’s clean lines and unique look and feel are sure to make a statement.
Sonnet: A bold, attention-grabbing design, Sonnet is the perfect template to make a splash. Captivate your audience with its elegant and trendy design.
Premium Author Website
Your premium author website design includes up to seven pages. We suggest the following pages, but you can substitute pages of your choosing (e.g., business services, book excerpt). Additional pages over and above seven pages are $160 each:
- Book Overview
- Book Reviews
- About/Author bio
- News & Events (links to interviews with author, write-ups, reviews, author appearances, book signings, book fairs)
Your premium author website also includes:
- Custom-designed header for each page
- WordPress installation and theme
- One round of revisions to the design of the website after the approved design has been implemented in WordPress (additional revisions at $99/hour)
- Professional proofing of content
- Two rounds of revisions to aspects other than the design (e.g., change content, add or delete a page) after your review of the “first draft” of the full site (additional revisions at $104/hour)
- Links to your social media accounts and bookseller pages
- Built using best practices and guidelines for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- One hour of training via video conferencing (additional training is $104 per hour)
- “How to” document that provides a basic “how to” for updating a WordPress site
- Author provides content, or that some book content can be used (i.e., author bio, back cover copy, reviews)
- The author/book has an existing logo or “look”
- Author will set up bookseller pages (e.g., Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound) and page on Goodreads
- Author will register own domain name and arrange hosting
- Author already owns or can provide images for the site
- Author to set up social media accounts and pages
Turnaround time: 4 weeks from receipt of all copy and images from the author (50% upcharge for faster service)
- Add more pages: $160 per page. Additional pages could include a blog, book excerpt, services, book group questions, guestbook, media room, calendar of events
- Hosting/Domain setup: $95
- Domain name consultation: $104 per hour
- Mailing list opt-in for newsletters: $150 (does not include any subscription fees for mailing list service)
- Design moving sliders: $175 for first slide, $60 for each additional slide
- PayPal “Buy Now” button for one product: $225
- Deluxe eCommerce programming: $450 for eCommerce page set-up for up to 3 products; $50 for each additional product (does not include any transaction or service fees for payment processing or shopping cart)
- Assistance with setting up your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest accounts: $75 each account
- Design masthead for use in email newsletters: $200 each
- Book Trailer (Teaser): 30-second HD resolution, scriptwriting, sound effects, royalty-free music, footage, and photography: $905
- Book Trailer (Pro): 60-second HD resolution, contains all Teaser features plus professional voiceover: $1,202
- Book Trailer (Pro90): 90-second HD resolution, contains all Teaser features plus professional voiceover and 2D/3D animation: $1,989
- Need a different solution? Just ask!
Here are the links to some of the Premium Author Websites we have designed:
Let’s talk about YOUR author website! Click here to contact us.